Friday, February 1, 2008

Buyer Beware: Redzee

Guess which company has the good luck of trying to rip me off as I wanted to start a blog entry?

Redzee. That's who.

I have purposefully omitted a link to their site. They are a search engine that apparently has plenty of salespeople on their side. Their sales tactics consist mainly of warning you that they "only have one spot left" and insisting on insanely low bounce rates and high click-throughs.

Only problem is: it's not true.

The phone call itself was suspicious; as a new employee of the company I'm working for, I don't even have a business card yet, and this guy has managed to get my name and extension from somewhere. They mentioned our company's use of Google AdWords, then led right into a sales pitch. I went along, looked at the site, and gave the guy (David) a chance to say what he wanted to say.

"Maybe in the future," I told him. "I need some time to familiarize myself with your business and its services."

"But there won't be any time. We've only got one spot left."

Maybe they did only have one spot left. Or maybe, just maybe, it's an unethical sales tactic. From that point, I tried to end the conversation, basically ending it by just hanging up while the guy was still talking. Then I searched for Redzee.

I won't go into detail (a quick Google search will hook you right up), but lets just say:
BE WARNED. REDZEE IS A SCAM COMPANY.

Sorry that this post isn't entertaining, but I feel that this is worth a mention.

No comments: